FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - wailing, unattended infants in EF
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:57 am
scapaflow

Programs: 50K
Originally Posted by todare
In my experience most parents think they own the plane and because they have children we should all be loving and kind and treat them like gods walking the earth. Forget it there is no excuse. The loudmouthed guy could be partially deaf. No excuse he should know. Your child is jumping up and down on a seat and you don't think about the person behind him. No excuse. The fact that one thinks the person behind should say something before they are angry shows one making excuses and putting the emphasis on the other person(who is probably being politie and hoping you will think it through yourself) > thanks for the example btw and I am not purposely attacking the pax above but just such a great example<

The best example that comes to mind was when a child dumped her juice over my head because she was standing on the seat. I yelled because I was startled. The mother yelled at me me yelling. Lord. The father was angry at me. i was coverd in juice and so was my computer. Great.

If you have children and travel I think you should ask people afterwards if you made their flight unpleasant and make sure to ask them to be honest. I suspect many parents will be in for a big shock. Big.
I have seen both situations: parents who are attentive and aware of what there children are doing on the plane and those who seem to be oblivious. You see the same types of parents at playgrounds BTW.

When my children were younger I was hyper aware of their actions because I knew in that small space a child can be a real nuisance for other passengers. I was aware because I didn't like when it happened to me. I personally appreciate parents who pay attention and take action when their child is behaving in a way that negatively impacts another passenger.

Children will be children and things happen that are beyond a parents control but as long as there is clear intent on the part of parents to maintain order and control I am very forgiving.