FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Ticket Drama: Downgraded from OZ F to UA J (and MUCH more)!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:01 pm
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by thomwithanh

I've flown both exUA C, exCO J, and p.s. F since the merger and have no complaints whatsoever. Most of my international travel takes me to Europe and while it's not LH (better catering but not crazy about their service), LX (phenomenal), or SQ (pipe dream), I think it's a decent redemption value and I've never had a problem finding C availability. If you get an LHR or FRA based cabin crew I also find the service to be several notches above those based at IAD, ORD, etc. Just my humble opinion...
You must have a lot of patience and tolerance for mediocre service and I wish I had that virtue. In less than a year, I have gotten food poisoning from UA p.s. F meals several times up to a point that I'm only flying AA F on the transcon markets from now on. To make matters worse, UA's long-haul C is beyond pathetic, as even US Airways' Envoy Class easily defeats it (well to be fair only on A330 aircraft with the new Envoy Suites).

I do entirely agree with you that UA's LHR-based cabin crews are phenomenal and they consistently deliver top service.