FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:19 am
Mile-a-holic

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
There are lots of people who work for free to build housing for the poor with Habitat for Humanity. Admirable work, and we need more of it.

That doesn't mean I'll criticize those construction companies who build homes for profit.
Agreed...I think that the purpose of this thread should be to comment on how well blogs suit their intended audiences given that purpose.

So, for example from a cusory review it seems that TPG and FTG would really help a newbie. TPG lays out a good strategy - could a newbie do better by learning on his/her own? Maybe...but would they? So, if they "lose" points by signing up for different offers, that's the cost of having it spoon fed - and I think that's fair.

Conversely, there are bloggers who provide shoddy products. "Hey, just get points with me, then worry about redeeming them elsewhere...see how easy it is?? I'm in first class." Or those that use FT as a trolling place by responding "helpfully" to newbies with recommendatons for their affiliate cards without any analysis - conveniently with a link to their blog in their signature.

I'd rather direct traffic toward those bloggers (construction companies) that provide value, than the ones that are constructing cardboard boxes under freeway onramps. The latter are the ones that drive people here saying "I have these points, and now don't know what to do" or "I thought that I could..."