FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non Pharmacy Bean Locations
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:03 pm
thegasguru

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by BBPlaya13
n00b question here, what do you folks say when you get to the register at a new spot and the cashier says 'Sorry, cash only'? Do you proactively ask if you can pay with cc? Do you try to get them to do it anyways? Just say 'My bad' and walk out? Its all personal preference I imagine, just curious what others do.
I used to try to talk the cashier into trying to put it though, but nowadays I just say oh, sorry, I didn't realize...and walk out. My experience has been that I'm rarely successful in overiding their initial decision. If the cashier is grumpy or frazzled, I definitely give up straight away. If the cashier seems like he/she is simply uncertain, then I usecd to try to see if they would put it through. But then I ran the risk of having them call over a manager. And once the manager is involved, I run the risk of them laying down some store-wide policy that makes it all cash only. These days, I'd rather just hope I stumble onto the cashier that will let me pay with a credit card without a fuss, and then remember them for next time. If I see them on duty, I buy. If I see one that has denied me before, I just turn around and leave. If I see one that I haven't interacted with yet, I'll give it a try. If they tell me cash only, I play dumb and just give up immediately.