FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 9:19 pm
hobo13

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mnscout
Mile'n'point blogs are thousand times more benign than constant and relentless bombardment the consumer is subjected to by broadcast and print.
Ironically, we're told that 'our credit is our most important asset'. That would imply that the credit card bombardment could have a much more significant negative effect than most 'benign' commercials on TV.

I think the big difference for me is this -- most commercial companies don't claim to be helping people. They are out to make a profit and pretty much everybody understands that. You shouldn't trust Verizon or McDonald's to look out for your best interest. Yet many of these blogs proclaim to want to help people and try to convince you of why you should trust them. And to be fair, many of them once did help people. But lately I wish they would just say, 'I'm in it for the money' and leave it at that. I'd respect some of these guys a lot more if they were just honest with themselves and with us. The end of CC affiliate money is not far away, I predict, and then we'll see who REALLY just wants to help people travel better / cheaper.