FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates First Class on 773ER/772LR AKL-MEL-DXB-GVA, CDG-DXB-MEL-AKL (lots of photos)
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:32 pm
wwnz

On this leg of the trip we encountered the same turbulence that we flew through on the way up. Lunch consisted of hot canapes, caviar, a prawn and scallops starter, kung pao chicken which was the best of the bunch, a mixed grilled because I wasn’t feeling overly full, and petit fours for dessert. This was accompanied by an excellent Australian Chardonnay which went down a treat.

Canapes

I can’t work out what this was…

Excellent Australian Chardonnay

Kung Pao chicken

Mixed grill

Selection of petit fours

Chocolates

Here’s the last photosynth panorama that I made:

Panorama of suite

Following lunch the ICE system was acting up so they had to reset the entire thing on the plane. When my partner’s system booted up again it wouldn’t work at all and simply said “we’re sorry, ICE is not available at the moment”. After a few more resets of the system for his suite they gave up. The wireless controller which is the only way to control the motorised suite doors is integrated into ICE, so this wasn’t working either and we couldn’t get the doors to close for his suite. This was a fairly disappointing failure of the hard product but we just put up with it for the rest of the flight and managed some more sleep.

Uh oh..

Attempting reboot…

“ICE is not available” – was stuck like this for the rest of the flight, that also means you can’t open or close your suite doors

Breakfast started with a plate of fresh fruit, followed by a prawn curry. I decided to have another serving of caviar if there was anything left as it would be the last opportunity to do so on this trip, and it’s not every day that you get to have caviar at 38000 feet. Fortunately for me a number of other passengers had declined their serving of caviar so there was some left, but the flight attendant explained that it was not their usual policy to provide a second serving of caviar as they load only enough for one serving per passenger. I was more than grateful that they let me have a second serving.

Breakfast fruits

Prawn curry thing

Caviar

The flight was feeling like a fairly protracted ordeal at this point, and eventually we descended into a slumbering Melbourne shrouded in darkness. The view from the front facing camera is a real treat to watch during the landing.

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 10:17 pm