FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Dallas Victory Hotel [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:45 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by krazieman
Does anyone have any pictures of the Fantastic Suite? or know if this property would be able to upgrade someone from a Fantastic Suite to a better room?
I used a suite upgrade here and was given a marvelous suite, so yes they are able to upgrade to higher suites. In my experience though, this hotel is not one of the better hotels as far as upgrades go.

Basically the fantastic and the marvelous suites consist of a normal room, connected to another normal room converted to a living room (L-shaped sofa, desk and TV on the opposite wall). The main difference between the marvelous and the fantastic, is the marvelous extends further out from the hotel and has a dining area against the windows. The fantastic is just the size of two normal rooms. There isn't that much difference between them. I've also stayed in a WOW suite before, and it is larger, but compared to a couple other WOW suites I've seen, it's nothing special.

The suites are nice if you need the extra space, but there isn't really anything special about them. The bedrooms in all the suites are just the normal rooms and then the connecting room is converted into a living room. I've stayed here probably a dozen times, and usually I'm only upgraded to a high floor or a mega room. The only time I've seen the suites is with using a suite upgrade and once more during a unique situation where another SPG hotel lost my reservation.

Last edited by spgplat21; Mar 11, 2013 at 11:00 am