FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comfort Suites Paradise Island
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:21 am
Milesbuilder

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Update

I have not seen much on this recently so I thought I would give a brief current update. In no particular order and with random commentary on Atlantis for flavor;

Hotel is typical Bahamas, shows some wear, laid back (type As like me have a struggle with this), very friendly staff.

Taxi from hotel to old town is about $20 for a family of five each way.

Taxi from airport was about $50 for family of 5 including stop at super saver to get food and water.

*** There is another nicer looking store on the Bay Street just up the way from Sandals. Looked much nicer and much easier to get to than the Super Saver. I guess our cabbie was paid to steer us that way but I forgot about this other store. Super Save prices were crazy high but still cheaper than buying food at the resort

*** IF you get a nice cabbie, we like Rev and Emerald, give them your left over water, food, fruit, etc... as a tip when you leave. They will appreciate it and I felt better about that than just leaving it in the room as I suspect he cabbies have a bit rougher gig than housekeepers IMHO

The rooms we had were smaller than a Hyatt place and although they say you can get four in a room it would drive me nuts

Consider getting your room charge card laminated AT the comfort suites, we did not but Atlantis desk told us they would do that.

March is a bit cool but once your in the water it is nice

We did not enjoy eating at Anthony's across the street. Expensive (as is everything on island) and not so great. Waitress was not friendly but everyone can have a tough day.

Dominos seems to be the value play for dinner. They only charged $1 to deliver and prices were not bad.

We did not find any other place to eat on island that was not in Atlantis. Having snacks and water in your room and beach bag will save you big money

Food in Atlantis is expensive but not too far off what you would pay at most resorts.

Beach has a lot of rocks in places, beach shoes a good idea as well as for walking around the resort. The paving was very worn in places and not very bare feet friendly. Side walls of the big lazy river are rough and when you push off with bare feet it can be rough.

Hotel had luggage room so they can lock up your bags if you have a late flight while you shop.

Safes are $2 a day and pretty good size, we got all our phones iPads and wallets in with room to spare for a laptop

Hotel has free Internet so with Vonage app we could call the states and check messages for free

I do think Atlantis is going to have to step up its game big time when the China resort opens but if you go to Atlantis I think the comfort suites is a solid value play.

Hope that helps

Last edited by Milesbuilder; Mar 31, 2013 at 8:33 am Reason: Updated grocery store info, spelling, cabbies are not always your friends