FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paying USA income, property or other taxes with a credit card
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:51 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by skynerd
The Internal Revenue Service web page for credit card payments was apparently revamped on January 8th, and includes some fee improvements. Here are the changes that I see, most substantial first:

1. payusatax now accepts American Express at its regular 1.89% fee, a substantial 0.4% reduction from the previous cheapest AmEx rate of 2.29% that was previously offered by payusatax's sister business valuetaxpayment. To confirm this, I just made an AmEx payment on payusatax for 1.89%. ValueTaxPayment is no longer listed on the IRS page.
First of all, skynerd, a belated thanks for posting this info.

I plan to pay at least part of my tax bills with my new Amex Plat and Amex Business Gold cards in order to quickly accrue the initial spend bonuses. Is there are reason NOT to use payusatax at its 1.89% rate as opposed to the 2.35% services like Pay1040? For that matter, why ever use these competitors at all, given payusatax's lower cost?

Thanks for any help.