FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "THANKS Concierge!" thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:03 am
PointWeasel

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by 4havnfun
Before I get flamed for being a DYKWIA, I'm a regular provider of chocolates to the crew and generally just go with the flow but losing my seat assignments for the 3rd time on the same trip was just too much. I feel sorry for the people stuck behind us at the priority check-in desk while this got sorted out and for the 2 passengers that got bumped from our seats but the blame for this has to rest with the check-in agent that decided to give someone else our preassigned seats.
No flaming here. You did exactly what I would have done. ^

Unfortunately, the ACV stations like to play by their own rules. I have had similar games and misinformation happen in CUN and thankfully, I have the station managers contact details as well as the lead agent for the third party contractor that handles check-in and the gate. Part of the issue is that the vast majority of the pax are once a year or less travellers that don't know or could care less about the flight experience and agents want to quickly get them away from the counter.

I have had only limited experience with the concierges due to my lowly status, however, when I have, the ones in YYC, YEG and LHR have been fantastic. ^ However, the YYZ concierge crew are a mixed bag. I had a awesome one and then 2 weeks a horrible one that left me shaking my head as she provided false information and then tried to cover her tracks after the fact. Thankfully, when I got to the Intl MLL, I called AC res and got an awesome agent who looked everything up and apologized for the concierge misinformation and issued the partial refund that I was due within a few minutes on hold. She could replace the cranky concierge in YYZ.