FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:06 pm
fliesdelta

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by Rexkramer
3 months to complete, but if you start later than the first day of the month you get the remainder of that month, so it can be almost 4. No, you would not lose your current status as a result of failing the challenge.
Thank you!

I called Marriott Rewards yesterday, and it took all of four minutes to get set up. I have the rest of March, plus April, May and June to complete the challenge, which is nine stays. This gives me 3.5 months. I have a four night stay in Hong Kong this coming week, I will change my original four night reservation to four one night reservations at different hotels, and do likewise for a few more stays I have already planned for the next couple of months.

I was told the status would be effective the following day, but when I logged into my account last night around 10pm EST I was already showing as Platinum Elite.

One remaining question: I was in a bit of a hurry when I called, and took down some notes, but I'm not sure I got this right: it seems if I complete the challenge with the nine stays by June 30th, I will have the status for the remainder of 2013 plus all of 2014?

Then, if I want the status during 2015 I will have to stay at least 75 nights during 2014. Is this right?

Background info for those interested in the challenge: I've been silver elite for the last several years, staying between 20 and 30 nights a year at various Marriott properties mostly in the USA, with a few stays in Europe and Asia. I don't know if any of this influenced the decision of granting me the challenge.