FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:38 am
mars1982

Programs: Aeroplan Canada (25k), Hyatt (Globalist), Marriott (Platinum)
My wife and I, along with our 18 month old son, stayed at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai for 2 nights in late Feb. As FPC Platinum members we were able to use our free night cert and suite upgrade certificate.

The experience was great.

Lobby is grand and we were greeted by friendly staff wearing elegant uniforms. Our 1 bedroom suite was not ready but upon my inquiry we were moved to a 1 bedroom suite on the Gold floor. Gold Floor lounge/staff were excellent and the food offerings during the day were quite extensive. The suite was quite large and very tastefully decorated. Everything was well thought out and designed. There was a nice balcony which had a great view of both sea/city.

Hotel is definitely towards the resort end of the spectrum. Great pools and beach area. Beach is obviously artificial but is nonetheless quite nice.

Minor Quibbles:

- some painter's tape still on doors in room
- room wasn't cleaned until 4PM on the second day, and after I had inquired in club lounge
- not all restaurants were open
- not many beachfront activities
- took a long time for bags to be brought down from room when we left for airport

With the hotel just opening two months ago, however, some start-up issues are obviously expected. Most importantly, the hotel rooms/public areas were excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. With a bit more time, and the final kinks, worked out, Fairmont The Palm should be one of the better Dubai hotels.

This hotel is definitely worth a visit.

Last edited by mars1982; Mar 9, 2013 at 10:45 am