FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kind of Newbie...need help [Denmark to Pacific Coast USA]
Old Mar 9, 2013, 5:45 am
nature1370

I am from SFO, I think Oct is much better. CA is big and 2 weeks may be not enough to see all the places you want. One-way rental is the thing you want from SFO to LAX. Fly to SFO, car rental is right next to the airport, very easy to get there with free airport line rail (from terminal G). You can skip San Jose ( mostly for foods n companies). My suggestion is not to rent a car on the arrival day. Just book hotels around the airport with free shuttles (there r some). To get to SF downtown from hotel, take free bus shutttle from hotel to airport, then take bart to SF downtown and shopping places; from downtown, you can get a cab or rent a bike to Golden Gate Bridge or Twin Peaks or Russian Hills. Then get car rental, drive along the coast line on highway 1, you will see Santa Cruz, Monterey,........Get to LAX, return car, get to down town by bus or cab to see all places you want to see, then get car rental to Las vegas, ..., and be back LA, drive to San deigo.... Take a flight from LAX to be back home. Marriott might have promotion, every 2 stays, 1 free night cert up to cat 4, can be used in europe, National car rental cheap on weekends, also UA miles promos. hope that helps