FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Are Your Top Hotel Pet Peeves, 2013 Edition
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:16 am
gobluetwo

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LTBoston
Or peeing.
Or showering at a ridiculous hour. Or having sex. Well, I guess some people might like that last one...

Too many lights when it's dark. The other night in my hotel, the hallway light shone right through the peephole of the door onto the bed. Ridiculous aim. I had to cover the peephole. And the gap at the bottom of the door. And the ridiculously bright cable box display. And the bright red light from the phone. And the alarm clock I couldnt figure out how to dim. Next time, I'm packing my eye mask.

Too many noises: Ok, so in addition to those listed above, I was in a hotel room in which the vent in the bathroom constantly made a droning noise, even though the fan was off. Easily solved by shutting the bathroom door, but still annoying.

Dearth of electrical outlets already mentioned. At least most hotels now have the sense to have a few outlets by the desk, and I always carry around an multi-outlet adapter thingy, but you'd think in 2013 they could at least throw a $5 power strip into every room, right?

Low water pressure: I was just in a hotel last week in which the water was little more than a trickle. The next night was a different city, different hotel, same brand. GREAT water pressure. And a nice massage head, to boot.

Green initiatives they don't follow: Why do they tell us to hang up our towels we don't want replaced because they're trying to be green, but replace them anyway?

In-room HVACs that sound like jet engines: Seriously, it's amazing how loud some of these things are. TV will be at a nice comfortable volume, then the HVAC turns on and it's like someone muted the TV. So you crank it up and, when the HVAC shuts off, the TV volume blows your eardrums.