FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rules for Open Jaw & Stopover Award Flights (Consolidated)
Old Mar 8, 2013, 6:45 am
villox

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by jasonvr
If the stop in LHR is more than 24 hours, it is the stopover, which is allowed, but I think it is going to severely drive up the taxes.

I'm guessing the LHR-FRA-FLR legs are on LH. How are you searching on EF? I believe certain methods on EF search LH M&M inventory directly which is not available to those using UA Miles. You need to search *A in general, not LH specifically when using EF.
The stop is for 3 days. I was searching using *A on EF, but I also tried it by pricing out as a 1-way from LHR-FLR and the options open up widely.

He was thinking about doing LHR-NAP instead, and even in this example it came up with a flight (indicating this is all legal) but that had only a 25 minute connection in MUC. It wouldn't show the option, which also showed availability separately, with a 2 hour connection.

I'm guessing this is related to the strange LH pricing mentioned earlier in this thread so for now he booked the outbound to LHR and return from FCO and will call and try to add the last segment.