FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ID requirements for Jersey
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:36 pm
Sandgrounder

Question
Do I need a passport, visa or any other form of identification when I fly on British Airways?

Answer
The documentation you will need for your flight will depend on where you are flying to; whether within the UK, or outside the UK.

Travelling within the UK only

You do not need to bring a passport or photo identification with you if you are travelling on a UK domestic flight. However, it is always advisable to have some form of identification with you.

Please note that a passport or photo identification will be required if you are checking in luggage on a UK domestic flight, or if you are connecting with an onward international flight.

Children under the age of 16 years old do not require identification to travel within the UK.
Passports are not required for journeys to/from UK to Eire, although it is advisable to bring some form of photo identification with you in case of checks at the arriving airport.

Acceptable forms of identification for travelling within the UK on British Airways are:

a valid driving licence
Executive Club membership card
passport/national ID card
company ID card
Do you have the payment card that was used to make the booking?

The card that was used to pay for the booking should be brought to the airport, as long as the owner of the payment card is travelling.
If your credit card has expired since the booking was made, or you have a new credit card, or you do not have your original credit card used for payment, please print out a copy of your flight itnerary from Manage my Booking. You can use your ba.com booking reference to check in on one of the many self service kiosks at UK airports.

Travelling outside the UK

British passport holders do require their passport with them when travelling on journeys outside the UK.

For all journeys outside the UK, you should check the passport and visa requirements for each and every country you are travelling to.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct travel documents for your journey. It's always important to check that your passport is still valid, and that you obtain any necessary visas in good time before your start your journey.