FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why You Should Delete Cookies Before Booking on AA.Com (discussion)
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:02 pm
sts603
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Justme123456
I heard the author of this article speak about it on Leo Laportes' podcast (which I believe you can download from his website) but here is a link to the actual posting with screenshots, in case anyone is interested.

If this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move.
Yeah that's a bunch of it. I don't believe for a second that AA is intentionally raising prices. The GDS system works just doesn't work like that. There may be technical reasons to clear your browser to wipe the slate clean but it isn't malicious. Plus, unless the user clicked through both legs of the trip to see what the total was - he doesn't know anything about what the fare was given the number of negative number options out there nowadays on aa.com.

And the hotel thing had nothing to do with different prices, it had to do with using profiling data to put higher classes of hotels up to for certain users. The total number of options and the prices were all the same. Nothing wrong with that IMHO.