FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:20 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by GRIZMANfromJAPAN
I am new to (all hotel points programs) especially the Hyatt program. I have the 2 nites with the Chase Hyatt CC and the Gold status that comes with it. I am going to be in Tokyo for 5 nights (28 Nov - 2 Dec). Can I use my 2 nites and points for the remainder and then upgrade to something larger for points? Since I will be traveling as a party of 3, is there a recomendation of the room that I should try for to accomadate us all. I have never booked anything this involved before. The trip includes Airline awards to go to Seoul, Korea for 2 weeks and then Japan for 2 months. Any info / help with this would be greatly appreciated.
If two of the three people do not mind sharing one bed, my suggestion would be to book a standard Park Twin room with your CC nights and points. You could then pay an upsell to be confirmed in a Park Deluxe Twin, which will be more spacious. This is only available as a cash upgrade, and the rate difference is usually a modest amount between these two categories.

If you want more space, another option would be to reserve the first three nights in a Park Suite Twin (33k points*3 = 99k total), and then use your cc nights for the last two nights. The hotel "might" give you an upgrade and let you remain in the suite for all five nights.