FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Sealed $50-Million Sequester-Eve Deal to Buy New Uniforms
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:43 am
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by omascreener
Did I lump us in with LEOs? I don't think so. This is why I don't post on here because I try to clear up some misinformation I get attacked for no good reason. As for the rest of the money I have no idea because I'm only a one striper and I don't make policy but I do have access to the collective bargaining agreement and thats where my figures come from.
Yes, you did, probably unintentionally.

This article is lumping everyone together. TSOs get no where close to 1000.00 dollars for uniforms. We do however get 317.00 for uniform replacement and 3 shirts and 3 pants for a total of 446.00 dollars a year. Law enforcement officers on the other hand probably get that much.
Your post would have been more effective had you avoided the inference to LEO's. Simply stating the fact of your reimbursement was valuable and appreciated.

This article is lumping everyone together. TSOs get no where close to 1000.00 dollars for uniforms. We do however get 317.00 for uniform replacement and 3 shirts and 3 pants for a total of 446.00 dollars a year.
See the difference?

You are right that TSO's that post here need to wear their Nomex underwear. It comes from the actions of your management and things we put up with at the CP. You may be one of the good guys. Hang around and post a bit. We will let you know.