FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:25 pm
panamafever

Requesting help with first App-o-Rama

Hi All!

I just started working the points/rewards system back in November, and am hoping to do a legit App-o-Rama this time around. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Here's my current status:

CreditKarma score: 751
Hard pulls - 3, back between Nov 1 and Octoberish
Credit Cards:
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $10,000 limit
Chase Ink Cash - $3,000
Wells Fargo credit card - $800
USAA card - $3500
USAA card - $4200
Average account age - 2yrs 4 months
Oldest account age - 8 yrs 3 months
Current utilization rate - 13% (should drop to 0% in a few days when I pay all balances down to zero, like I do every month)

OBJECTIVE: Maximize Chase UR points, to ultimately transfer them to United. That said, since it's an app-o-rama, I wouldn't mind adding on a non-UR card or two if it won't go above my minimum spend and is a good call.

Cards to Apply for:
Chase Freedom
Chase MileagePlus

I'm also interested in applying for the Mastercard version of the Chase Freedom if that's allowed, as well as the Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard (but still trying to confirm if that'll work, as some say it does and others say I'll get a letter stating that I already *have* a Sapphire preferred (even though the one I have is Visa)). I'd also consider adding in other cards like the British Airways card, the Southwest card, or one of the hotel cards (I haven't dabbled in hotel stuff at ALL yet). FYI, we haven't had Masha apply for any Chase cards yet, though I got an extra Sapphire card for her to use, so I'm guessing we could apply for her to have one but I'm tying to keep hard inquiries to a minimum for her.

OK, that's it. Again, any suggestions are definitely welcome. I'm guessing most people would suggest a lot more than 2 cards for an app-o-rama, so which other ones should I pick? Thanks!!!