FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jeff comments on loss of "unmanaged" corporate traffic/PRASM at JP Morgan conference.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:25 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by unavaca
I'd rather it be the former than the latter. Ops are part of the product they sell and if they can't get the ops right, the product is garbage. I'll take ops and network over "believing it's a great product" any day of the week.
Operations *is* part of the product, but you wrote their arrogance about network coverage is just fine - which ignores the fact that customers still have a choice and can book elsewhere.

I have two customers who book and pay business or first exclusively - they want the *A network, but absolutely hate UA. They joined the SQ program instead and fly SQ in paid premium class at all times and would never fly UA except for short domestic flights within the US.

*A is a great network alliance because it provides a variety of options, many of which do not including flying UA.