FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:09 am
hailstorm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IDarionMgI
A slight variation on the previous questions, I have two free suite nights as a Diamond member through the Hyatt Chase. I booked my room in Tokyo today, and noticed in the email that it is a Park View King, and not a suite. It almost seems to me though the Park View King might be the better room for me, as the suite doesn't have a guaranteed window by the tub, and it seems most of the windows are in the "office" area (I'd like to have a nice view from the bed). Is this a mistake? Not having to spend any extra points, is the suite obviously the better choice? A bit of a picky question, but I've been looking forward to my stay for awhile now, it will be my first time in Tokyo. Thanks!
I'd feign ignorance of the situation, make a scene at check-in over how you're not getting your guaranteed suite, and hope that they give you the Presidential Suite as an apology.

Seriously, only you can answer that question for yourself. As I generally go as a party of three, the extra space of the Park Suite really enhances our stay. But if you're traveling alone or with one other, and you don't mind passing up a room with twice the list value, it's possible that the Park View would work for you.

You also get a free bottle of wine with the suite, if that matters to you.

The bottom line is that there's no such thing as a "bad" room at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, and you'll have a wonderful time regardless of how you choose to proceed.