FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Big Mess Out West Today
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:44 am
YXEGeordie

Programs: AC 75K
Clouds Below

A bit more info, so there may be a bit of hyperbole from my colleague BUT, all the flights for the following 5 days from YYZ to YXE were overbooked, not a seat to be had, that's 20 consecutive flights (3 E90s and 1 CRA a day) and all completely full.

So again, I ask my initial question. Is this:

a) Great load management by AC to have all these flights full?
b) A capacity problem?

I ended up overnighting in YYC, not because the weather was bad but the 3 remaining flights from YYC to YXE were oversold on Saturday. I got out on Sunday AM, but colleagues got stranded in YVR and will get back tonight, and others were diverted to YEG etc.

So, this is not a rant about how awful AC is, weather happens and I was treated with courtesy and sympathy (although no hotel room was offered as it was a weather delay). I am just wondering mostly about the capacity issue.

Bascially if YXE is THAT popular a destination they need to offer more flights because when something goes wrong (as it invariably does in Canada in winter) it takes days to fix!

WJ has just added 2 more to YYZ from YXE for the summer, but I really don't enjoy flying with them at all. If I want bad humour I will turn on the Comedy Network, or Prime Minister's Question Time.

Any thoughts from the experts?

YXEG