FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:28 am
ZenWorld

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by mario33
Well I have stayed at both several times, and I have been in and out the vicinity of both hotels for as long as both hotels have been in existence. Infact I saw them both being built, saw Bintang Walk being built and then ripped apart.

I stand by my comments, your assessments of ease of getting to Sungai Wang Plaza is highly biased just because you had a good stay at the SI.
I am sorry, but your accusations here is ludicrous.

I will state once again, it is purely based on the time taken to get to sungei wang, one based on monorail, the other on walking.

Your repeated efforts to link things that are unrelated (i.e. "SGS fanatic" - I have never been to SGS?!, "Great Stay at Sheraton Imperial thereby clouding my judgement" - I had a Great Stay at Westin KL too!!) and pushing them onto me, is totally out of line.

And in case it has been confusing, Westin's location is fantastic. Sheraton Imperial is not too bad. And if I want to get to Sungei Wang only, then in my personal opinion, Sheraton Imperial is an interesting alternative, based on reasons I stated above (nothing to do with great service of Sheraton, unless the great service includes regular helicopter service free of charge to bukit bintang area). If one wants to hang around Pavilion or Starhill, Westin is the place to be.