FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:08 am
travelinfoo

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Yup.

I managed to get 80K points in 2012 milking promos on nine stays as a Gold (VS points ->HH at 1:2, Q bonuses, MyWay bonuses). You're going to be racking up a lot of points under your scenario... at which point, Hilton turns up the speed on the points treadmill and devalues yet again.
I realized I forgot to include the points + points bonus. That would bring my annual tally just for the 16 stays under ILovetheReds proposed 100% tier bonus for Diamonds to over 220K points. Just meeting min spend requirements for CC Diamonds, the annual tally would be 400+K points. That's not even including any Q bonuses. That's a HUGE number of points for 16 stays as a CC Diamond. Ohhh, I just realized I would really benefit from getting an AF-Hilton CC (except I don't value Hilton points as much as points for other programs).

Eponymous is correct. If a lot of ppl are racking up a lot of Hilton points very cheaply, i.e., churning, CC spend, & few hotel stays, the points will devalue again quickly.

It's like the economy. If the money (or points) is not worth much, prices will increase.

Last edited by travelinfoo; Mar 3, 2013 at 11:16 am