FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Three Weeks in Bhutan
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:50 am
CDG1

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

Thank you for posting this most interesting trip report.

I have thought about going to Bhutan. I will go when I can get enough money together for the trip.

I knew there was a minimum amount to be spent for each day that a visitor wants to spend in the country. I suppose that the type of accomodation you choose will make a sensible difference in price.

Is everything inclusive, food, lodging and tours or is there extra to be added every day like tour guide fees or fuel for the car or other?

Yet in the pictures I find that the Bhutanese population looks very basic. Where does all the tourist money go to? Do the people of Bhutan get any advantages from tourist money? Does it go to the King or to government?

It seems they have a good amount of foreign visitors from all the ones I see in the pictures.

Is it possible to get more like tailor-made visits.

What I would really like to see in Bhutan are the craftsmen and workshops especially weavers and textiles from the People's to the Royals textiles and weavers. Also paintings but textiles I would really want to see.

I wonder if they would show these?

Then the airport and the fabulous descent and climb in and out of Paro.

I would have to see if there are local flights via India, mostly Darjeeling. I want to see the tea gardens and spend some time there also.

I don't think I can afford 3 weeks in Bhutan - certainly not the Aman resort - but one week would be quite interesting.

Thank you again for posting your trip report.