FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bought 2 seats for myself on Bolt Bus, and was not treated well by fellow passengers
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:30 pm
nd2010

Bought 2 seats for myself on Bolt Bus, and was not treated well by fellow passengers

On a recent trip from NYC to Boston I opted for the Bolt bus instead of Amtrak. Since I found a bus ticket for $13 each way I decided to buy two for myself to hopefully guarantee an empty seat next to me.
The bus was sold out since it was a Friday afternoon. There were a lot of people trying to stand by. Every time someone asked to sit in the empty seat next to me I said that I bought 2 seats and got a dirty look. Then the driver boarded standbys. The last standby tried to sit next to me and I didn't let him. I told the driver that I purchased 2 seats on the same bus, and even showed him both tickets. He thought one was a fake because the confirmation numbers were consecutive. Of course they would be consecutive since I bought one right after the other. Eventually the driver relented after calling his manager to confirm my tickets and explain the situation. The standby passenger thought I was being mean for denying him the seat next to me. I said that I'd let him sit there if he paid me $13, he didn't, and chose to leave and wait for the next bus.
I felt like its well within my rights to buy 2 seats for myself and defend the second seat I paid full price for. It's just like my imaginary friend was sitting next to me. I shouldn't have to let someone sit in the seat I paid for without expecting compensation, the price I paid for the seat. Everyone has the option to pay for 2 seats for themselves, so it's not like I'm special.

Last edited by EmailKid; Mar 20, 2013 at 8:35 am Reason: Edit title to closer reflect what happened