FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Big Mess Out West Today
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:52 am
YXEGeordie

Programs: AC 75K
Big Mess Out West Today

Hi Folks

Sitting in YYJ, supposed to be en route to YXE but might get there Tuesday! Weather delays this morning in YQR and YYC have led to a backlog. Oh well.
So I have lots of time on my hands and just a few questions:

1. All the initial delays appear to be q400's. Coincidence, or are they much more susceptible to delays out West?
2. Capacity issues out West. All the flights to and from YXE to pretty much anywhere are PACKED. A colleague had to wait 5 days in YYZ recently after a flight cancellation. I am looking at Tuesday to get to YXE from YYC and there are a ton of flights daily, ditto WJ but they are also sold out. Now I know it is in AC's best interests to fly full planes BUT if there is no excess capacity at all in the system then surely they need to add a flight or two. The gate agent at YYJ says that flights are crazy full on a constant basis.

Just some musings to kill some time. Feel free to ignore but I am interested in more knowledgeable folks thoughts on points 1 and 2 above.

Happy trails, and good luck if you are trying to get around Western Canada in the next day or so

YXEG