FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates First Class on 773ER/772LR AKL-MEL-DXB-GVA, CDG-DXB-MEL-AKL (lots of photos)
Old Mar 2, 2013, 1:49 am
wwnz

Dubai Emirates First Class Lounge Terminal 3 (older lounge) stopover

The first class lounge was a particular part of the trip that we had both been looking forward to. It was such a sight to see so many A380’s parked at their gates. The heat and humidity were noticeable as we stopped off onto the airbridge. The walk to the first class lounge was fairly substantial and felt like the better part of a kilometre. Security was actually faster for those in the economy lanes than in the business/first lanes but waiting a few extra minutes in line wasn’t going to kill us. This was the first time ever that I had to take my shoes off to pass through the metal detector which I thought was slightly odd. Upstairs and another decent walk before heading up more escalators to the business and first class lounges. It was certainly a joy to be able to head towards the first class lounge, which looked a lot less busy than the business class counterpart.

Here it is!

Love the great big windows

The lounge is enormous. At that early morning hour the environment was a bit darker and subdued but it brightened up nicely as the morning progressed to give a very airy feel. Having the ceiling of the terminal so high really creates for a spectacular sense of space. As soon as we picked a spot and chucked our stuff down we both headed for a much needed shower. My partner also went for a complimentary back massage which turned into a full body massage to his delight.

Massage

So many flights

Next stop, Geneva

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 9:22 pm