FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Three Weeks in Bhutan
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:24 pm
glennaa11

Programs: most of them
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Thanks for the very interesting report and great pictures. Bhutan is definitely on the bucket list!

I was surprised that it was the first snow of the season on the mountains, I would have thought there was a fair bit around by then. What were the typical daytime and night time temperatures?
It varied a good bit based on altitude and latitude. Some of the more southerly places are not as cold.

But typically it was fairly cool I would guess high temperatures in the 50s F some places maybe low 60s, particularly in Punakha. When it was sunny it definitely seemed a bit warmer. I recall mostly wearing long sleeved shirts and either a light fleece pullover or a bit heavier jacket. I was happy I invested in a Marmot rain jacket before I left because it got a lot of use over the first week. Overnights were generally quite cool. I rememeber wearing my fleece hat to bed on the way back through Jakar. But they also give you plenty of blankets to stay warm and cozy. So at night I would guess temps were in the 30s F. Since most places don't have a lot of insulation or insulated windows there's not much to keep the cold out.