FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renew Sky Club Membership or upgrade to Delta Reserve Credit Card?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:13 am
PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by patrickboruta:20331745
I made the switch from a SC membership to the Reserve Card last year; for me it made sense for similar reasons - an extra burst of MQMs, plus due to the timing of my renewal on the Platinum card I already had, I was only forced to pay a prorated increase on my annual fee which was substantially less than the full year of SkyClub.

Now that a year has past, I think I made the right choice. One downside - the few times that I've flown another airline and been in proximity to the SkyClub, I was unfortunately unable to gain entry. If you always fly DL this isn't a problem.
Thanks for your thoughts on your similar events experience. I had forgotten about the fact that I would have to be flying on Delta to get into Sky Clubs with the Reserve Card. This tips the scales pretty far toward renewing my membership instead. Living in San Francisco, I've used the SFO SC (which is outside security) when traveling on other airlines, and even when not flying at all. In fact tomorrow if morning, I'm picking up a colleague at SFO and the SC would make a good place for us to prepare for our presentation later in the morning.

But sadly, I've missed the deadline for the cheaper rates. I worked all day in Albuquerque, flew WN direct to Oakland, and presented at an evening event in Albany, CA. At 11:30, I finally went to renew online but the new rates had kicked in since it was past midnight elsewhere. No reason to pull the trigger now, so I guess I have longer to decide. I'll probably do Reserve Card now.