FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The loss of one of our own: SWABrian
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:25 pm
expert7700

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
This is a great loss for Southwest airlines.

Like many long time flyertalkers, I got to know Brian from his posts on Flyertalk. His love and family history of aviation was apparent.

Brian Lusk graciously gave my family and I a tour of Southwest headquarters two years ago. We immediately felt welcome and he made us feel that we were the most important part of his day. He was a walking encyclopedia on every piece of Southwest Airlines / Love Field history. He showed us the archives room and we could immediately tell how happy he was managing that area. It was very fitting that he was later appointed as Southwest's first corporate historian.

We got to see him further at additional events including the Oskosh Airventure show and the inaugural revenue flight of Warrior One. A funny moment was when we told him we were at Oskosh Airventure just for the day. He looked at us like we were absolutely nuts. He told us that he needs almost an entire week to get through the entire show.

Rob posted a link to Brian's Flashback Friday series. Each weekly installment made for great reading and helped further my interest in the behind the scenes life of the Southwest Airlines family.

Last edited by expert7700; Feb 28, 2013 at 10:00 pm