FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renew Sky Club Membership or upgrade to Delta Reserve Credit Card?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:30 am
PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Given OP has been splitting travel among several different airlines this sounds like the best bet to me. Keep the DL platinum card (you get 20,000 MQM for spending $50k spend) and get the Amex Platinum card as well.
I haven't spent a whole lot of time researching the Amex Platinum card (the "real" one, not the Delta one). I guess this would give me access to Alaska Board Rooms. But I recall that neither the Amex Platinum nor the complementary Priority Pass provides access to United Clubs. Of the non-Delta clubs I want to get into, United is probably more common than any other airline. And at both airports where I most commonly fly Alaska, there are Sky Clubs that I can use with some inconvenience.

Also, if I understand correctly, having both the DL Platinum card and The Amex Platinum card would cost me $600 per year. The Delta Reserve would cost me $450 per year.

Also, this suggestion would leave me at 20,000 MQMs per year instead of the 30,000 (or 45,000 for the first year). I think I'm better off renewing my Sky Club membership for $648 for 3 years, if I only want to keep 20,000 MQMs. I can buy a lot of non-Delta club accesses for the extra $450.

But thanks for the suggestion. Some of the other Amex Platinum perks are tempting, I hadn't looked at the benefits recently.