FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delayed / Cancelled international flights - 2012 Edition
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:19 pm
copilot5

Programs: IHG Plat
Last month I booked 2 award seats in economy (saver level) on United for LAX-SFO-TPE for May, but now only the LAX-SFO leg is showing up under my reservations. I can't find any sign of the SFO-TPE flight anywhere, even for paid seats, so I guess it was cancelled by United? I did not receive any notice of cancelled flight.

I still need to get to Taiwan in May, but united.com currently shows no more saver level LAX-TPE options for the entire month. I don't have enough miles for a standard award.

Questions:
1. If I call now, will they move us to a different flight at the saver level even if only standard level awards are available? Or should I wait until I see saver level open up, maybe in a month or two, and then call with specific flights?

2. There's an ANA flight on the same date that would be perfect, but there's currently no award inventory. Anyone know if it's possible to ask United to open up inventory for us since our original flight was cancelled? Can that be done?

3. I have no status, so will they charge me change fees?