FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre✓™ (PreCheck) on Alaska Airlines - Questions and Experiences (2012-21)
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:42 am
hgdf

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by jackal
To me, too.

Too many 1Ks with GE (including myself) are reporting 100% success with GE (I haven't seen a decline in probably a dozen itineraries since getting GE). Plus, getting a certain number per day would mean that those on evening departures should have a greater chance of getting a denial because all of the slots were used earlier in the day. That hasn't been my experience nor what I've seen in the very extensive UA thread on PreCheck.
I'm skeptical as well. Assuming they did it that way, it would have to be during the checkin process when the PreCheck status is embedded into the barcode on your BP. So far, I'm still batting 100% on the triple beep using my NEXUS card with the exception of a couple flights to Canada. When possible, I also Pre-Check my PreCheck using a barcode scanner just to make sure.

The only randomness I've experienced with PreCheck has been in the form of extra procedures, such as hand-swabbing.