FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:37 pm
Apieinthesky

Originally Posted by 10garem
Trying use AA miles book flight IND to EZE with 50K Business/First MileSAAver OR 62.5K First MileSAAver
I have flown to EZE from states 40+ times last 25 years so I know GOOD - BAD & UGLY of buying tickets or using mileage.

It takes me 3 years on average get enough miles be able use 50K Business/First MileSAAver OR 62.5K First MileSAAver This year as of Feb 5th there were several dates (6-10) available during June and July for either of these MileSAAver BUT sometime around Feb 10th ALL become unavailable not only for June & July but also for May and still shows unavailable on AA flights. All become unavailable same day SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT
OH these are available at DOUBLE cost / miles- I don’t think this had anything do with X amount seats.

As I mentioned - I know GOOD - BAD & UGLY I keeping looking / checking couple times each day hoping BUT ? Buy ticket now coach class or keep waiting and hoping as there is no waiting list or standby list which person can do for these 50K Business/First MileSAAver OR 62.5K First MileSAAver BUT I also know AA employees or retires and family can be on standby and get on this same flts if / when available.
Seems I may have wasted last 3 years WORKING very hard at getting enough miles fly 1st class one more time. Try doing this after 75 years of age BUT who wants hear about seniors - retires

I assume that I am like many other AAdvantage members VERY disappointed
Do you have a question? If you would like help with booking your MileSAAver award, we have a consolidated thread for that.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

If you saw the seats available, you should have booked them then, or at least put them on hold.

If you want to fly F/J, there are a number of ways for you to do so. You can either buy the seats outright, you can buy a coach seat and upgrade using miles+copay, or you can book an award.

SAAver availability is capacity controlled. AAnytime awards are not; if a seat is available for sale, it is available as an AAnytime award (there might be some exceptions regarding oversold situations). SAAver availability is unpredictable and completely up to AA's Revenue Management.

AA's website does not show availability on LAN, so you might want to call AA to check that. If you don't want to check everyday for awards, I suggest signing up for a subscription service like ExpertFlyer to do that for you.

Also, it's not that hard to get RDMs. You can buy them outright. When AA has one of its promos going on, it can be a pretty good deal to buy miles if you redeem them for international premium travel.