FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do you fly BA?
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:21 pm
Yahillwe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by blindy
As a blind person who travels regularly,

But I positively hate Emirates. I once did LHR-DXB-DEL and both legs were hellish flights. couldn't even get a glass of water because they wouldn't look at the call button. Pacs in the next seat didn't speak any English. finally had to resort to asking everyone passing by in the isle if they were a crew member. DXB-DEL was an overnight flight and there weren't too many passengers moving around as well. It was one of the most embarrassing experiences of my life. Thinking about it makes me shudder even after 3 years. I would never ever go near EK again unless it is a life and death situation and I have absolutely no other alternative. But that experience has taught me to appreciate BA more. I say this again, the BA cabin crew are *fantastic*.
This is really awful, really awful for any airlines to give such service. I do hope that you brought it up to EK.. And I do hope that you post this on the EK forum. I myself will bring it up to EK today and every time I fly them. They need to have better training, please do send them an email. I urge you, they need to train and train their employees.