FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo from above; which observation towers to visit?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:03 pm
tcook052
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Tokyo from above; which observation towers to visit?

In doing research for an upcoming trip I'm finding there are numerous towers or skyscrapers that have observation decks and thought I would get some input on the pros and cons of each. I did read individual threads but thought I would create a new one to talk about them all in one thread.

The Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building offers free access and is very near my Shinjuku hotel and because of its locations seems to offer the best views of Mt. Fuji, weather permitting but is access easier and less crowded during the day than at night?

I had planned to visit the Tokyo Tower during a Roppongi visit but find the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower has the Tokyo City View and Mori Art Museum that I could combine together in one visit in the evening so would a trip up the Tokyo Tower still be worth it? They seem quite close together so would the view be that different or would the tower still be worth doing once?

The Tokyo SkyTree is the newest and highest observation deck but is it far more crowded because it is still relatively new? Is the area around it worth exploring?

Any input on the topic is aprpeciated.