FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:40 am
san888

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by underpressure
I still think this is an attempt to clean up the goofy system they created and they are moving to a system that rewards the AIB nights appropriately.

All of these credit card reward points cost them money to purchase and assign/redeem and they do nothing to increase the loyalty. I think they are figuring out there is a large share of their HHonors membership that are loyal to the program who are not loyal to the hotels.

If that is indeed the end game and I pay a higher premium during the correction period, I am all for it. @:-)
Nice point.....but there are many of us I'm sure like myself that were saving their points (1.5M) for future dream vacations. I stay 75 nights at hilton a year (as they say here "BUTT IN BED"). They can make their changes....going forward!!

Don't devalue points I earned sometimes for stays at higher rates than other hotels just so I could keep my Diamond status!!

I strongly feel they should have rewarded loyal Hilton patrons with some sort of equitable adjustment on accrued points.

My example: -- if you earn interest on a bank account and the interest rate goes from 3% to 1%, they don't go back and retro actively take all the intest you earned at 3% back.

Bad buisness and "CORPORATE GREED" is the only way to explain this.