FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do you fly BA?
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:38 am
ronin98syu

Programs: BA Gold, UA, DL
Why I fly BA

1. From SFO to Europe, BA offers extensive network throughout Europe. JL doesn't offer any flights to Europe from SFO. We would have to go to Tokyo for that.

2. My partner and I are not a traditional family. We live in the same house, but not married. . We used to be with JL MileageBank. But with JL, if we wanted to pool our mileage together, we would have to prove that we were married and submitted our marriage license - such a traditional and conservative mindset/policy (very much like one of our political parties ) this was back in 2009 and 2010. I started to research other frequent flier mileage and I liked BA's policy/guideline on opening a family account. Now my mom, my partner and I are in the same family account! :-:

3. BA's mileage accrual rate is much more generous than that of JL. Flying WT+, regardless of what fares you pay (except with the award redemption tickets), you will get 110% accrual rate from the mileage you have flown. With JL, if you pay for the discounted PE fare, you would only get 70% of your flown mileage.

4. BA's mileage will never be expired if you have activities going on. We went ahead to apply for the BA Chase card and we didn't have to worry about expiration dates on our mileage.

5. BA is in OneWorld alliance.

6. Flat bed in Club World

7. Love the sound of British English

However, JL offers better services in flights. When you fly JL's PE, regardless of your elite status, you are entitled to use their lounges.