FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous UA service at YHZ
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:36 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by akhill
I was late for the first leg, through no fault of my own. There were 2 checking-in agents, and one of them took 40 minutes to deal with a single passenger, by which time, I had been bumped, as it was overbooked due to a cancellation.
When this happens (and it usually only happens at smaller stations), I usually try to capture the check-in agent's attention in a polite manner and simply state I am getting close to the cutoff time for a flight.

Originally Posted by Indelaware
I have read your post three times - and for the life of me i can't see any reason to be the least bit p.o. There is nothing wrong with the Quality Inn YHZ. It is clean and the staff is generally friendly. Moreover, rather than being rushed out of the concourse, you got to enjoy some time watching gate operations and aircraft movements. And you got $600 voucher besides - a really good amount these days. What could be better? I wish I had been in your place.
Meh, I can't think of a situation in which I would trade a >24hr delay for $600. To each his own as always.