FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spring 2013 promo: 2 stays = 1 free night (8000 points)
Old Feb 23, 2013, 2:27 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BigLar
I think they're referring to the Discover America promo. Last year I bought 32,000 points for something in the $150 range. At 8K/night, that's cheap stayin' in Europe.
Good on you.

I seem to recall a property (near Limerick?) that seemed more like a B&B than a hotel, and it looked really nice and quaint. Not sure if we'd ever get near Sligo, but my ancestors go back somewhere near Shannon - I'll really have to brush up on my Irish history/geography, especially with the cheap BOS-DUB flights available with my BA Avios. Ireland is a wonderful country.

Finally, as I said before (I think), I have part of my family going into Rome for a couple of days this Fall. Hate to have to pick a hotel blindly. Your reviews are much appreciated.
Your interpretation of sdsearch's post makes sense. I got 76K last year and hope to replenish my stash if Choice participates again in May--although it's clearly ironic that I'm using points purchased through Discover America to discover areas around the rest of the world.

I think Sligo might be the B&B property; at least, it's nice and quaint:

The Limerick property looks more modern, like the IFSC: .

I'm sure neither is worth 8K points.