FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do you fly BA?
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:37 am
Sunlit

Programs: BA, UA Silver
Originally Posted by m3red

2. The cabin crew. In my experiences they are pretty uptight. For example, the whole headphones issue and electronic devices thing...one time in j the steward was outright rude. In y they are very rude. My general y experience on ba has been poor with service. I do find the seat ok though.
I flew BA for the first time in 10 years just last week, from Chennai to Heathrow, economy. It was comfortable (breakfast aside!), and I too liked the seat ... not much back support though! I was struck by the cabin crew not collecting headphones in the last 20 minutes before touchdown. You were allowed to use the entertainment provided you used BA headphones right until landing. It was relaxed end to an 11 hour flight.

I don't know if this is the norm - I last flew BA from London to Tokyo in 2003 which was also very comfortable, but since I got burnt with the cabin strikes in February 2007 to the tune of $1000+ on a trip to Newark - BA were certainly not my 1st choice either!

I suppose the point I'm making, is 2nd chances can help change your view, and BA have gone up in my estimation