FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do you fly BA?
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2013, 1:33 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by m3red
Hello all.

I've flown on ba mainly to the states as there is a real lack of alternatives to get to Denver direct. I've flown in y and j on ba and never really rated them as an airline. My gripes:

1. Paying for extra bags and the 23kg limits (I get 30kg as standard on EK and 62 if I'm in F)

2. The cabin crew. In my experiences they are pretty uptight. For example, the whole headphones issue and electronic devices thing...one time in j the steward was outright rude. In y they are very rude. My general y experience on ba has been poor with service. I do find the seat ok though.

3. J seat. I m just not a fan compared with the 380 or 777 on ek. Sitting rear facing in the middle means when the divider comes down you get to eyeball the front facing pax! Service has been ok but nothing amazing. I also have mixed service ok ek j so that's a crew dependent issue I guess.

4. Customer service. This is my biggest issue! Extortionate charges to move a flight then on check in in the states they did it free....seems so rigid and unreasonable.

Having flown Qatar, ek and sq I feel BA has a lot of catching up to do in the above areas.

Am I missing something with ba? Happy for you to prove me wrong but I only fly with them now if there is no decent alternative, happily for me I'm based in dxb so I can stick with ek.

Tin hat on!

M3
You don't pay extra for bags on BA. If you had your EK status with BA you'd be entitled to 2 bags of 32kg in economy. In business and first you'd get 3 bags.