FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spring 2013 promo: 2 stays = 1 free night (8000 points)
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:39 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Given the recent changes in many other hotel programs and the relative value of doing two nights in the US at relatively low cost hotels to earn a (as BigLar notes, possibly) free night at a European (and other areas around the world) property, Choice is now my number one program for actual stays at hotels (despite the recent changes, Hilton is still not a bad program to earn points through credit card signups--so long as you're not staying in "aspirational" properties, like the Maldives or Koh Samui).

As with all things, this will change eventually (and there are a number of ways it can), but I am happy to keep riding this horse as long as I can. Given my travels, there's a good chance I can spend about $600 at Choice properties to earn enough points to get four nights at properties in Ireland this summer that would probably cost $1200.

For me, I just aspire to save some money. . .