FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hey, thanks for trying to keep it civil here. . .
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:10 pm
BigLar
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rebelyell
Your math isn't always right on this. I've stayed at plenty of Hilton Garden Inns and even full Hiltons for around $129. The Wifi is free for Gold members, and the HGI breakfast is GREAT.

Many times the choice hotels cost more than $80 and sometimes more than $90. And given the choice between paying $90 for a Quality Inn or $130 for a Hilton Garden Inn I'll usually take the latter.

That doesn't mean I don't stay at Choice hotels sometimes. They just aren't always priced low enough to justify the lower quality.
Oh sure.

I've stayed at Fairfield Inns where I negotiated the rate to $35/night. And I've stayed at EconoLodges at $28/night. The numbers given weren't meant to be factually representative, just using them for the sake of example.

There's also a difference regarding: who pays. All my travel comes out of my own pocket (right coach?) and I tend to be on the road every week. So, a $20 difference in nightly rate X 4 or 5 nights X 50 weeks amounts to a considerable chunk of change. If Big Friendly Company picks up the tab, well, I tend to be a little more discriminating.