FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hey, thanks for trying to keep it civil here. . .
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:43 am
Rebelyell

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Originally Posted by BigLar
Oh yeah - I've received some great breakfasts at Hiltons and Marriotts. But consider ...

Hilton/Marriott = $179/night + $10 for Wifi = comfortable night, great breakfast.

Choice = $60/night + $0 Wifi = comfortable night plus enough savings to pay for the best damn breakfast you'll ever see with cash left over. And enough change to pay for the paper you really want to read.
Your math isn't always right on this. I've stayed at plenty of Hilton Garden Inns and even full Hiltons for around $129. The Wifi is free for Gold members, and the HGI breakfast is GREAT.

Many times the choice hotels cost more than $80 and sometimes more than $90. And given the choice between paying $90 for a Quality Inn or $130 for a Hilton Garden Inn I'll usually take the latter.

That doesn't mean I don't stay at Choice hotels sometimes. They just aren't always priced low enough to justify the lower quality.