FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Alfonso XIII, Seville, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:34 am
remymartin

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'll be staying there next month.

Originally Posted by AICML
Since it's low season I got a great 100 euro a rate. I booked a pre-paid stay for about 30 euro more a night and it went down after a couple days, but after contacting the hotel they refunded the difference. It was extremely generous of the hotel and they did not have to do it, but they said since I was a loyal SPG member they would make an exception. Wonderful customer service before I even got to the hotel.
Wow! 100 euros! It's going for over double that next month. And the pool doesn't open until April, so it's still low season

I was upgraded to a two room executive suite with two separate entrances that overlooked the main street. It had a beautifully furnished bedroom and separate living room with their own foyers. This was one of my favorite suites I have received at an SPG hotel. The only downside (and this is nitpicking) is the bathroom which is small and has a cheap white bathroom curtain and weird tiling that makes it look old rather than luxurious. The bath products are generous sized toiletries from Waterl'eau in a green tea and citrus scent. I used a Platinum SNA, although since it's low season I probably didn't have to
Hoping to score a similar suite without an SNA!

Cut out your comments about breakfast - didn't sound that great, very surprised to hear that.

The best food I had in Spain was in Seville. I used this one blogger's site for recommendations: http://azahar-sevilla.com/sevilletapas/ and for the most part she was spot on. I wish I had more stomach to go through more of her recommendations. My favorite two restaurants were La Brunilda and Albaramara followed by Vineria San Telmo. The only semi-miss was Aernero which the food was okay but service so terrible and slow we only ordered 4 tapas before deciding it wasn't worth it to stay and order more. All these restaurants are within easy walking distance to the hotel, although La Brunilda is a little further away and harder to find.

All in all a beautiful hotel in an amazing city. SPG definitely has some gems in it's collections.
Thanks for the restaurant recs, will definitely try out one of these. Did you compare the reviews to e.g. the Michelin guide?