FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First TR: Local food in Kyushu & a bit of sightseeing
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:06 am
sushiinSYD

Food!! - Kagoshima

For food wise… I do not know what to say. The most frustrating thing was address itself. There was no street number shown, and even not many local people knew street address!!
Anyhow, after 40 minutes struggling, we managed to get there.
The food was good, but not so special. The highlight of this is the chef’s mother, who served us. She was shy to begin, but I ended up with a very interesting and long conversation with her leaving my friend alone (sorry my friend).
As she found that now I live in Australia, she wrapped two pairs of Shochu glass in a piece of newspapers and gave each to both of us saying “It was a great pleasure to serve you tonight. I hope you remember me when you use theses glasses in Australia. And if you ever happen to visit Kagoshima again, please come around and say hello to me.” It was so kind and sweet of her. You made my day, thank you oka-san (mother)!!

Now, please allow me to share photos with you what I had on that night.

Tori no Tataki (Seared chiken) As my friend was totally against to eat chicken sashimi, it had to be seared.

Lightly grilled milt. Very fresh and tasty.

Grilled eel. I prefer this to Kabayaki.