FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Special treatment for families on board?
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:11 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've not yet managed to fly with them as a mother but Korean airline Asiana has some of the best advertised perks for those flying with children.
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...119_55403.html
I was supposed to fly back to the UK from Japan with a breastfeeding child on OZ but the Tsunami in 2011 put a stop to that.

Flying business class alone with Thai and a young child was pretty special. I made every effort to keep my highly mobile child entertained, happy and quiet on our flights and the Thai FAs did absolutely everything possible to support me in this. Breastfeeding offered some of the few occasions where I got to sit/lay and rest for a while and the FAs would ensure I had enough pillows to support me, helped with tricky food items (I needed to eat with one hand) and stored food for me whenever my daughter made it too difficult for me to eat meals.
The toys were appreciated (nicest of which was an inflatable plane with the Thai livery) but the main perk/benefit was the kindness and consideration of the crew as well as the ready smiles, patience and time they gave to my daughter. She had a wonderful time on these flights and I cherish my memories of them (she was one and a half years old for this trip but still occasionally talks to me about Thailand, she hasn't forgotten either)